Dear Patients and Friends:
We trust this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our country has been through a lot these last few months and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and well-being.
We are excited to announce that our office will reopen to patients on Tuesday May 12th.
Infection control has always been a top priority. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable.
Our office has always followed infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies' recommendations.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to our infection control systems to help protect our patients and team.
- There will be a Falls Dental Team member meeting you when you arrive at the office. The team member will ask you health screening questions related to COVID-19, and your temperature will be taken.
- You will be asked to sign an informed consent prior to being taken back for your appointment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. Due to this after you check-in for your appointment you may be asked to wait in your car until our team is ready to seat you for your appointment.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see team members wearing additional PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) during your appointment, this is in place to best protect you and the team member treating you.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children's toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect and can spread disease.
- When you confirm your appointment, we will ask that you come a few minutes early, to allow greater time between appointments to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Finally, we ask that when possible you come alone to your appointments. If someone comes with you we will be asking them to wait for you in the car. If it is necessary that you have someone join you for your appointment; we will be asking them to sign an informed consent when they arrive with you and they will sit with you in the operatory during your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 262-253-9797.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and confidence in us, as well as your loyal support, and we look forward to welcoming back our patients and friends.
The Falls Dental Associates Team